Showcasing and advertising your home during winter. Here's how!
Here are 10 ideas on how to make your property shine during the most difficult selling months.
1) Clear Pathways and Driveways: Keep your driveways + pathways clear of snow/ice to ensure easy access and consider salting to prevent slippery surfaces. It's functional and it just simply looks good!
2) Winter Landscaping: Showcase your winter landscaping with evergreen plants, decorative outdoor lights, and clean, trimmed trees. Place outdoor winter-themed decorations, like wreaths, to add a welcoming touch. PRO TIP: Stick with seasonal decor and not holiday decor.
3) Cozy Interior Ambiance: Emphasize the coziness of the home by adjusting lighting. Use warm-toned bulbs and turn on fireplaces if available. PRO TIP: Make sure that all interior lightbulbs are the same temperature for a uniform look.
4) Winter Staging: Consider seasonal staging elements, such as a decorative mantel, winter-themed centerpieces, or large cozy blankets on beds and sofas.
5) Winter Scents: Use subtle winter scents like cinnamon, pine, or vanilla to create a pleasant aroma in the home. PRO TIP: Some people can be sensitive to candles. Consider brewing a pot of hot apple cider as an alternative.
6) Natural Light: Maximize natural light by opening curtains and blinds during the daytime. Clean windows to allow as much sunlight as possible to enter into the home. It makes a huge difference!
7) Virtual Tours: When hiring a photographer, consider opting for a virtual tour. These can be incredibly helpful for prospective buyers who may be hesitant to venture out in the winter weather, or those who may live far away or out of state. This allows them to experience the home from the comfort of their own space.
8) Include Winter Activities in the Marketing: If the home is in an area with winter recreational activities nearby, such as tubing, skiing, ice fishing, mention and showcase those attractions as additional selling points.
9) Create a Cozy Atmosphere for the Photographer: Capturing images that highlight the warmth and coziness of the home, such as a lit fireplace (we can do this digitally) or a comfortable reading chair can be very appealing. PRO TIP: Consider purchasing our 'Lifestyle/Detail Photo package' for those tighter compositions, emotion-evoking scenes!
10) Advanced Editing: There are many steps we can take to ensure that your winter photo session is successful but with the help of advanced editing techniques, we can still highlight certain features of the home that are simply unavailable. This includes grass replacements, digital pool openings, snow removal, sky replacements, etc. Check out our list of advanced editing options on the website.
Virtual Pool Opening.
Digital Grass Replacement.
We hope this helps!
Daniel James Photography has been photographing interiors for over 13 years and these methods and services above have stood the test of time. If you're looking for that cozy photoshoot for your winter listing please do not hesitate to call!